Here is a list of websites that may be of interest to current as well as prospective members. The first group is a list of philatelic sites that may be useful in learning more about philately in general or to find Ethiopia material for your collection. The second group is a list of websites that contains Ethiopia-related subject matter that may be of interest to current as well as prospective members. These lists are far from comprehensive with literally hundreds if not thousands of other websites that fall within the two categories. We have screened the lists and have identified some of what we feel are the more useful sites. We are always open to suggestions for new sites to add to the list.
- Doig's Ethiopia Stamp Catalogue. A number of years ago Ken Doig became concerned with the number of fake stamps that had appeared on eBay internet auctions as well as elsewhere in the stamp market. Hence, to help better inform both buyers and sellers of Ethiopian material he started creating his site. His plan was to provide details about each issue including illustrations of the stamps (and overprints) and where appropriate how to differentiate between the original stamp and any fake or reprint. He has done that for many of the issues and has also provided details of the cancelations of Ethiopia both before the Italian Occupation and postwar. Diagrams of cancels have also been provided as well as scans of actual usages on cover. Ken is no longer updating his website but it is still available for viewing at http://doigsden.com/EthiHome.html. A visit is well worth your time.
- Daryl Reiber's Ethiopian Postal History Web site. EPS member Daryl Reiber has created a website to display some of his exhibit pages as well as other interesting aspects of Ethiopian philately. His website is titled "Dary Reiber's Ethiopian Stamps and Postal History." The site can be accessed at http://www.postage-due.com . Many interesting items are on display making the site well worth the time of checking it out. Daryl plans to continue adding to the site as time permits so keep checking in from time to time.
- The American Philatelic Society. The website for the premier philatelic society in the U.S. The Ethiopian Philatelic Society is an affiliate member. http://www.stamps.org.
- Zillions of Stamps.com. This site, maintained by Linn's Stamp News ( http://www.linns.com ), is labeled as the search engine for stamp collectors. A good place to go when looking for that elusive stamp as many stamps dealers directly list their material on this site. http://www.zillionsofstamps.com .
- The Ethiopian Collectors Club of Great Britain. This club devoted to the study of Ethiopian philately has merged with the Ethiopian Philatelic Society and no longer pubishes its quarterly "The Lion."
- Ethiopia on the web. A good site that provides interviews with current Ethiopians in the spotlight as well as links to many other Ethiopia-related sites. http://www.ethiopians.com/
- Africanet, the Ethiopia Home Page. A site that provides useful information about Ethiopia including its history, climate, economy, embassies, how to get there, hotel accomodations, points of interest, etc. http://www.africanet.com/africanet/country/ethiopia/home.htm.
- Embassy of Ethiopia in Washington, D.C. Ethiopia's Embassy in Washington, D.C. provides the latest news as well as information on Ethiopia government, economy and business, arts and culture, and travel. http://www.ethiopianembassy.org.
- Haile Sellassie Family Web. This site is maintained by Emperor Haile Selassie's great-granddaughter and provides an interesting historical facts about the former emperor. Note: You may need to strike concurrently the "ctrl" and "f4" keys on your keyboard to get out of this site as the "back" button seems to become deactivated when you visit this site. http://www.angelfire.com/ak/sellassie.
- Ethiopian News. A site that provides news article postings related to wide variety of topics including business, politics, sports, travel, health, art, education, etc. http://www.ethiopian-news.com/